The clutch in your vehicle will naturally degrade over time. As miles accumulate, the clutch disc can wear down, especially with stop-and-go city driving requiring significant shifting. Pulling a trailer, four-wheeling, and aggressive driving can also accelerate clutch wear. But even casual drivers will have to have service on their vehicle’s clutch.
Signs that your vehicle may need clutch service include:
- Clutch pedal releases higher than usual
- “Slipping” while accelerating from a stop
- Grinding sound during shift into different gears
- A “soft” clutch pedal
- Clutch hydraulic fluid loss
Lake Arbor Automotive & Truck can provide the following services:
- Replacing the pressure plate
- Replacing the clutch disk
- Replacing the throwout bearing
- Resurfacing or replacing the fly wheel
- Replacing any worn out hydraulic parts
Contact us today to schedule your clutch diagnostic evaluation or clutch repair service.