Your cooling system plays an important role in your vehicle’s performance. It is important to regularly maintain the system to ensure your engine never becomes too hot, which can result in overheating and even begin to melt. A properly functioning cooling system helps keep your engine at the right temperature and ensures your vehicle will run smoothly. Lake Arbor Automotive & Truck can inspect and service all components of your vehicle’s cooling system.
We’ll inspect/service the following:
- Antifreeze/Coolant – The antifreeze in your vehicle not only keeps components from freezing, it also has anti-boil and anti-corrosive properties. It flows through your radiator and engine and helps keep everything working at the right temperature. Like all liquids, antifreeze will eventually break down, and must be replaced every two years or 24,000 miles. Lake Arbor Automotive & Truck can perform this “flush and fill” service. During this procedure, we will inspect your hoses and radiator for leaks and cracks.
- Cooling Fan – The cooling fan circulates air through the radiator so that it can release engine heat into the surrounding air, and if the fan malfunctions, your engine can quickly overheat. We will inspect your cooling fan and make sure the drive belt, which powers the fan, is not loose or cracked. We can also repair and replace damaged fans.
- Pressure Cap — A pressure cap (also known as the radiator cap) s should be inspected at least once a year to make sure there is a proper seal.
- Coolant Reservoir – We inspect the coolant reservoir during every routine maintenance inspection (such as an oil change). The reservoir indicates the level of coolant in the system, and we ensure your vehicle has the proper levels to ensure smooth operation.
- Thermostat — This valve regulates the flow of coolant based on coolant temperature. A poorly performing thermostat can result in overheating, poor fuel economy, and other issues. It is crucial to ensure your thermostat is working properly.
- Heating and Air Conditioning – We will also inspect your entire HVAC system, which is what keeps you comfortable in the vehicle’s cabin. We perform flush-and-fill service of the system’s refrigerant, check hoses, and inspect the heating core.
Call Lake Arbor Automotive & Truck to schedule your cooling system inspection today!